Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Two RH Page family favorites :)

WHITE CHOCOLATE PARTY MIX

1 pkg 10 mini pretzels
5 cups corn chex
5 cups cheerios
2 cups salted peanuts
1 lb MM's
2 pkg vanilla chips (4 cups)
3 T vegetable oil

Mix first 5 ingredients together in a very large bowl.  

In microwave melt the the 2 pkg vanilla chips and 3 T oil on med heat for 2 minutes, stirring once. Cook for 10 sec more at a time until it is nice and smooth. Pour over the cereal mixture and mix it well.  Spread out on a wax paper lined large cookie sheet (I have to use 2) and cool.  I cool it in the fridge.  Break it into large chunks and store in an airtight container (large ziplocs).  It is fun to use holiday colored MM's.

This is a holiday favorite for any holiday!!  I also make a great gift when you put it in a cute bag.

I found this recipe in Taste of Home magazine and have used it for many years.


FROZEN FRUIT SALAD (PINK SALAD)

1 pkg 8 oz cream cheese
2/3 cup granulated sugar
      Cream these two together. Add...
3 bananas (mashed, diced, sliced)
1 cup crushed pineapple (drained or not it does not matter)
1 pkg frozen strawberries (or 1 cup sliced fresh)
12 oz cool whip

Mix it together well then put in 9x13 pan or muffin cups.  Freeze.

This salad came from Aunt Diane Jones.




No comments: