It has only taken me six months to get this recipe posted. We made these at Abby's house for the sisters/siblings reunion last October. I make them here at my house at least once a month. They are very rich and pretty easy to make.
First, prepare a brownie mix as directed on the box and spread in a greased 9x13 pan, then set aside. In a bowl beat together 1/2 cup peanut butter, 8 oz. softened cream cheese, and one can sweetened condensed milk. Stir in one 10 oz. bag reese's pieces (I like to use the mini ones). Spread the peanut butter/cream cheese mixture over the brownie batter evenly. I find it works best when I scoop the peanut butter stuff onto the edges of the brownie batter and spread toward the middle. Otherwise it seems to have a thick layer in the middle and it doesn't bake as evenly. Bake at 325 for 40 minutes.
Cool for 30 minutes on the counter and then 30 minutes in the fridge.
Melt 1-1 1/2 cups chocolate chips and 2-3 Tbsp. butter in the microwave. Spread over the brownies in an even layer and top with chopped reese's peanut butter cups. They sell unwrapped mini ones now that make the process much easier. Return to the fridge until topping is set.
These are easiest to cut when they've been sitting at room temperature for about 20 minutes. They should be stored in the fridge.
Enjoy!
Sunday, March 29, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment