Friday, December 11, 2009

MINT BROWNIES......Marilee


1 cup flour

1 cup granulated sugar

1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened

4 eggs

1 1/2 cup hershey chocolate syrup (16 oz)

Mix together until smooth. Put in greased 9x13 pan. Cook at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Cool completely.


Frost cooled brownies with...

2 cups powdered sugar

1/2 cup butter softened

1 TBS water

1/2 tsp mint extract

3 drops green food coloring

Blend until creamy.


Final topping...

melt 6 TBS. butter and 1 cup mint chocolate chips ( I have not been able to find these for a long time so I use regular semi sweet), in microwave for 1-1 1/2 minutes. spread on top of iced brownies.


Katherine requested this recipe. It is a little different than the one in Grandma Doxey's cookbook. I made them last week for the YW Christmas activity and I remembered how much I love them - too much I think!

1 comment:

Baldwin Family said...

Thanks, Mom! I am excited to make these. I am not a huge mint fan myself, but I remember everyone loving these when you made them. They just feel like Christmas to me.