2 Tbsp. dried onion
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 small can mushrooms, drained (optional)
1/2 cup light sour cream
1/2 cup milk
Brown ground beef in skillet with onion and drain. Return to skillet and add soup, mushrooms, and sour cream. Stir until smooth and warm. Add milk gradually, stirring constantly until incorporated. Heat until warm, but not so hot that it bubbles. Serve over warm rice.
We made this on Sunday and the kids ate it up. There were no left-overs at all, which is shocking for my children. I didn't even get seconds. It's so easy and definitely on the affordable side. I'm going to add it to my rotation.
Memory: I loved this growing up. I think I loved anything with rice and sauce. In fact, I still do. I remember making sure there was at least half a pot of rice left for Libbi to eat plain and arguing about how to properly pronounce "stroganoff". It's a short o sound, by the way.
2 comments:
ahhh - there are many years of memories with this dish. I rarely make it now. It also is good when you use cream of chicken.
Yum!! I have never even heard of this before until I married Jeff. I love easy easr easy. We'll try it out tommorrow. Thanks Kath!
Post a Comment