Sunday, September 20, 2009

Rolled Pork Tenderloin: Courtney

Ingredients
  • 2 tbsp nuts (almond and walnuts are good)
  • 1/4 c cilantro
  • 1 lb pork tenderloin
  • 1 medium jalapeno, seeded (optional)
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 2 tbsp lime juice
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp brown sugar
  • 1/4 tsp dried oregano

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375, spray a small roating tray with oil.
  2. Toast nuts over med-low heat, stir frequently until they pop and are lightly brown (2-3 min). Cool.
  3. Butterfly the pork by slicing lengthwise. Cut NEARLY through. Open meat and flatten out.
  4. Combine cumin, chili powder, brown sugar, oregano and 1/4 tsp salt and set aside.
  5. Combine all other ingredients in blender and pusle until fine.
  6. Fill meat with mixture and securely close with toothpicks.
  7. Rub first mixtureall over meat and place seamside down in the roastin pan. Spray meat with nonstick spray.
  8. Roast about 40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.

Memory: I love this dish (pork is one of my favorite main courses!) My best friend from college, Melissa, gave me this recipe when Jeff and I got married. It reminds of the early days of just Jeff and I. It was something I made (and still make) when I wanted to impress Jeff.

No comments: